Founded in 1955, Stan’s Coffee began as a family business providing local coffee service to a variety of Fort Myers businesses. In the ensuing years, Stan’s business grew and its customers requested a greater variety of products. Thus began Stan’s transition to become a dry goods foodservice wholesaler. As the Company grew it moved to larger facilities, it increased its distribution area, and its number of employees.
In 2001, as the second generation of family moved to retirement, the Company was acquired by a newly formed corporation called P&L Foods, Inc. P&L Foods continues to use the Stan’s Coffee Service name and has continued the Company’s strong commitment to the coffee business, as well as expanding its dry goods product offerings. In 2005, the Company built a 34,000 square foot distribution facility in Westgate Industrial Park, Lehigh Acres, Florida.
Unfortunately, in July 2011, the building and all its contents were destroyed by fire. Despite that setback, Stan’s Coffee’s dedicated customers, suppliers and employees supported the Company’s recovery while operating out of a temporary facility. In October, 2012 the Company proudly reopened its newly rebuilt facility. Today, Stan’s Coffee services Florida’s west coast from Tampa to Marco Island. The Company continues to build on its original founding principles – to provide the best customer service, offer consistent quality and value, as well as a good working environment for its employees.
Now part of the Hoffmann Family of Companies, Stan's Coffee continues to expand and offer new services and selection to the local community as well as online through Stan's Coffee Fresh.